Ease Your Pain With Dry Needling
Dry needling, also referred to as Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS), is a treatment where a doctor inserts acupuncture needles around the trigger points in your muscles to ease the pain. Trigger points, also known as muscle knots, refer to a tight band in the muscle fiber that can restrict your range of motion or cause pain. This treatment method isn't painful because the needles are smaller than those used to inject vaccines, and their role is to stimulate muscle tissue. If you've been experiencing severe muscle pain, visit our team at Family Wellness Center for dry needling.
Why You Should Consider Dry Needling
Dry needling is a proven way to address different physiological issues like muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain. It can also help to address musculoskeletal problems like mobility and poor posture. Dry needling offers many other benefits, including:
- Improves range of motion
- Increases the strength and functionality of muscles
- Increases circulation of blood
- Promotes healing
Types of Intramuscular Stimulation Techniques
Our professional doctor uses different Intramuscular Stimulation techniques to ease the pain. Here are a few we commonly use at our med spa:
- Periosteal Pecking: In this technique, our doctor uses a dry needle to peck at a patient's bone to help trigger a neuroendocrine response. We primarily employ this technique in patients presenting symptoms of osteoarthritis. For instance, If a patient shows signs of knee osteoarthritis, periosteal pecking can be used around the knee joint, stimulating a chemical reaction that helps in the healing process.
- Superficial Intra Muscular Stimulation: This option is where our doctor inserts a needle a few millimeters on your skin. The aim is to target the sensorimotor system and try to change the sensory input. In this procedure, we use short needles between 3 to 10mm and work with delicate areas such as the thoracic spine.
- Deep Intra Muscular Stimulation: This method targets the muscles, especially those in areas that are difficult to manipulate manually. Our doctor uses this technique to reach a target muscle and change their perception of pain.
What to Expect During the Dry Needling Procedure
If you are suffering from neck or back pain, our experienced chiropractor can use dry needling to ease your pain or discomfort. During the treatment process, we use tiny filament needles to target tissues that are causing areas of tenderness you can't feel by hand. The sterile needle comes in a tube and is fixed against the trigger point using flat palpation.
Our doctor will loosen the needle from the tube and gently tap the needle's top to penetrate the affected area. Once the needles are inserted into the trigger points, your pain will begin to ease.
Contact Our Office for Dry Needling from Our Chiropractor in Myrtle Beach
If you're experiencing severe pain, it's time to see how our professional Myrtle Beach staff can help. Our med spa offers various treatment options to help our patients find natural relief from their pain or discomfort. Contact us at Family Wellness Center to schedule your dry needling consultation today. You can also learn more about how we can help you live pain-free.